Ignite Payments® Clover Security
Clover Security (Formally TransArmor Solution)
- First Data® is a leader in leading the
industry to secure customer transaction data.The
First Data TransArmor solution is powerful
payment card security that combines the
flexibility of software- or hardware-based
encryption with random-number tokenization
technology. The TransArmor solution protects
payment card data and prevents it from entering
the merchant environment, so your systems never
hold the actual card numbers from the
transactions you process.
solution removes the need for merchants to store
card data by replacing it with a randomly
assigned number, called a 'token'. In doing so,
TransArmor minimizes risk by reducing the scope
of PCI compliance, shifts the burden of
protecting cardholder data to First Data, and
allows the 'token' to be used for other business
and sales functions such as returns, sales
reports, and analysis.
- This advanced security technology addresses
merchant concerns over card data protection,
card data storage and the rising cost and
complexity of PCI compliance.
Clover Security Solution Advantages
- With the Clover Security solution, payment card data is protected at every transaction stage in transit, in use
and at rest, reducing risk as well as the scope and cost of PCI compliance.
- Offers multiple encryption options. Payment card data is secured at the merchant
point of sale prior to transmission using either software,or hardware-based encryption and is
protected throughout the entire transaction.
- Addresses root cause of data security issues. Tokenization technology helps ensure
that payment card data never enters the merchant environment by replacing it with a
random-number token, which has no value outside of the merchant environment.
- Removing payment card data from merchant systems also removes it from PCI scope,
minimizing the time and resources needed to meet PCI requirements.
- Preserves a unique card-based ID, Token numbers can be used in place of the original
card number for business functions without risk of storing card data or breaking processes
- Easily implemented and maintained. No additional hardware, changes to back-end systems
or employee training is typically required.
- Access to data as First Data retains access to the secure data and translates card numbers
to randomly assigned token values when needed for customer interactions such as adjustments,
retrievals, recurring payments and chargebacks
Apply for an Ignite Payments Merchant
Use the link below to access the Ignite
Payments online merchant account applicatio or, call to
speak to a credit card processing professional right